Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Night Shots: An Experiment


Can you guess what these people are doing?


No, they are not waiting for their death by firing squad.
I didn't use any flash for these because I don't want to disturb them.


Although it looks like it.


I went spying on my neighbors practicing their street dance entry


for the Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival of Tacloban 2013.



Somehow, I got the feeling that I got transported back in time.




  Eerie.. But this is I think is the effect of the beat of the drums.
Sound can distort how images develop.


I can't help myself but wonder a bit if these were real people dancing and not ...ghosts..


Good thing I'm way past my hallucination days. :)





  Looks like an Egyptian dance to me.
But it's not. It's a tribal dance.


Pintados dance to the beat of the drums and chanting alone. 
No other instruments.. Just drums.





Notes:
Canon Powershot S2 IS 5mp digital camera 12x optical image stabilized zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment